Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chronicles of Uncle Trent...check it out.

The Chronicles of Uncle Trent is one of my recently finished projects that took several years to write.  It is told from the perspective of two teens, Bobby and Trisha who are brother and sister.  Their Uncle Trent is secretly a wizard, but they've known this for years.  Someone has kidnapped their uncle and now it is up to them to remember something, something from the past, to save him.  As the story unfolds it soon becomes clear that Uncle Trent isn't the only one who needs saving, the world itself is in danger.

The story is based on true imaginary adventures that I had with my nieces and nephews and on mythology.  I am very confident that readers will find it an enjoyable read.  It is one of my favorite projects that I've published because there is so much of myself and my family in it.

By no means is Trent me nor am I Trent.  Trent is much more outspoken than I am and a wizard among other things, but his life and experiences are based off of my own.

The book finishes off with a surprise which will lead into the next story.  When I finished the book I was unsure if I wanted to write another one or not, so I ended the story in a way that it could be the end or open the way to another story.  The day after it was published on Kindle I knew I had to write another.

Nemesis will be written from the perspective of Trent and his arch enemy.  Chronicles of Uncle Trent are based around imaginary adventures whereas Nemesis will be more about Trent's adult life.  Readers shouldn't worry, the book will be more grown up but still kid friendly.  Readers can look forward to the sequel later this year assuming all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment